Associate Editor, Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Qualifications and Skills:
* PhD, DPH, or similar degree with a strong background in research and practice related to food and nutrition behavior.
* Experienced reviewer for professional journals.
* Demonstrated authorship in professional field.
* Experienced telecommuter accustomed to working with various software and online portals.
See Position Description (below).
Time Commitment and Setting
Approximately 10 h/wk working from your own location through Editorial Manager system (EM), e-mail, phone, and Zoom with the Editor, Managing Editor, and authors and reviewers from around the world.
Compensation is $10,000, with a stepped increase in compensation with years of service as an Editor. It may take the form of a quarterly stipend to the Associate Editor's institution/department or a payment for independent consulting.
The position begins in January 2021, with a period of training before assuming full responsibilities.
Applicants should send their CV with a cover letter that highlights their qualifications for the position. If the applicant is employed at a university, please also include a letter of support from your department head or chair.
Materials should be received by October 19, 2020.
FOR MORE INFORMATION and/or to APPLY CONTACT:
Karen Chapman-Novakofski, PhD, RDN
Editor-in-Chief, Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Journal of Nutrition Education and Behavior
Associate Editors are responsible for the quality, timeliness, and usefulness of manuscripts assigned. They handle manuscripts from submission through final decision. Associate Editors report to the Editor and undergo performance evaluation at 6 month intervals for the first year, annually thereafter.
* Review manuscripts assigned to you to determine whether they are eligible for review.
* Assign 2-3 reviewers for each eligible manuscript assigned to you; invite replacement reviewers as needed. Reviewers are drawn from a database, recommended by authors, or cited in references.
* Write a decision letter based on reviewer input for each eligible manuscript.
* Respond to author and reviewer queries in a timely manner.
* Work with the Editor as needed for annual projects. Examples: recommend outstanding ad hoc reviewers for the JNEB Board of Editors, update and present the JNEB workshop for authors and reviewers, staff the JNEB exhibit at SNE Annual Conference.
* Participate in phone conferences of JNEB staff for policy discussions. May also contribute to JNEB Journal Committee discussions and meetings. There is opportunity to write the From JNEB editorial.